Polytechnic Admission | Admission Process | Entrance Exam | Important Dates | Top Polytechnic Entrance Exam in India | Top Specializations
Polytechnic Admission: Polytechnic is a vocational or diploma course in which students are delivered with technical education. The polytechnic course imparts education in the field of engineering. It provides a viable alternative to degree programs. The duration of this course is mainly three years and it can be pursued by the students after completing secondary education.
The polytechnic course mainly focuses on developing skills and practical knowledge rather than theoretical knowledge. On completion of this course, students receive a diploma that qualifies them for application in the field of engineering and technology. After the completion of polytechnic courses, students can also get enroll in other engineering courses and can study with less spending. The polytechnic course is offered under different specializations such as:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Polytechnic is considered a highly career-oriented course. It helps the students in achieving a grooming career by getting a good job in a well-reputed organization. This diploma course is quite suitable for the students to prove their skills and competency in industrial jobs.
The students with a diploma in engineering are more likely to be hired as this course prepares the students to pursue a career upon completion. The polytechnic diploma holders can get employed as technicians, technologists, supervisors, superintendents, maintenance & service technicians, foremen, workshop technicians, etc. As polytechnic is one of the popular diploma courses, it is offered at various colleges/universities in the nation as well as overseas.
By pursuing a polytechnic course from a leading college in India, students can easily achieve a bright career. The admissions to the polytechnic course are done on a direct, merit, and entrance basis. By qualifying for an entrance exam, students will be able to get enrolled in the top-notch colleges of the nation. The polytechnic entrance exams are also state-level, national-level, and university level which are mainly conducted by the universities themselves. Below defined are the polytechnic admissions in India.
Polytechnic Admission: Merit-Based Admissions
Merit-based admissions refer to admissions that are done on the basis of the previous qualifying exam. In merit-based admissions, students are enrolled on the basis of scores obtained in classes 10th and 12th. For seeking admission to the polytechnic course, students will need to obtain a minimum of 45% aggregate in the qualifying exam. A relaxation of 5% is also provided to the reserved category candidates.
In some colleges and universities, the final selections of the students are also done on the basis of their performance in personal interviews and group discussions.
Polytechnic Admission: Entrance Based Admissions
Entrance-based admissions refer to admissions that are done on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance exam. There are several entrance exams in the nation conducted for polytechnic admissions.
The polytechnic entrance exams are state level, and national level and some universities also conduct their own entrance exam which is called university-level entrance exam. Below named are some of the popular entrance exams conducted in our country for polytechnic admissions.
- AP POLYCET
- NERIST ENTRANCE EXAM
- TS POLYCET
- JHARKHAND POLYTECHNIC
Polytechnic Admission: AP POLYCET
Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP POLYCET)
It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the State Board of Technical Education & Training, Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh. This entrance exam is conducted for providing polytechnic admissions offered at various engineering colleges across Andhra Pradesh.
The entrance exam is conducted once a year through online mode. The duration of this entrance exam is mainly three hours and it includes subjects like mathematics, physics, and chemistry. This entrance exam is available in mainly three languages- Telugu, English, and Urdu. No negative marking is done on this exam and each correct answer is awarded one mark. To appear for this entrance exam, students will need to fulfill certain eligibility as mentioned below:
- Candidates must be of Indian nationality
- Candidates must have qualified 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 35% aggregate and with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Want to Know DIFFERENT KINDS OF ENGINEERS AND WHAT THEY DO
Polytechnic Admission: NERIST ENTRANCE EXAM
NERIST Entrance Exam (NEE)
It is a university-level entrance exam conducted by the North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology. This entrance exam is conducted once a year for providing admissions to various certificate, diploma, and degree courses offered in the field of engineering and technology. The medium of this entrance exam is English and it consists of multiple-choice questions.
This entrance exam is conducted in three phases namely- NEE 1 is for a certificate course, NEE 2 is for the diploma courses, and NEE 3 is for degree courses. The NEE 2 exam consists of 115 questions and it is conducted for 150 marks. The subjects also vary for each course. To appear for this entrance exam, students will need to fulfill certain eligibility certain such as:
It is necessary for the candidates to complete 10th or 12th from a recognized board with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- The age limit for the students is 23 years.
- 3 years exemption is given to the candidates belonging to the OBC category and 5 years exemption is provided to SC/ST category candidates.
Check it Also Top Polytechnic Colleges in Haryana
Polytechnic Admission: TS POLYCET
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)
It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by SBTET- State Board of Technical Education and Training. This entrance exam is conducted once a year through offline mode for providing admissions to various diploma-level courses offered at the colleges/universities in the state of Telangana. The duration of this entrance exam is mainly 2.5 hours.
There is a total of 150 MCQ-type questions. The syllabus for this entrance exam consists of subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Below mentioned is the eligibility criteria which are to be fulfilled by the candidates to appear for this entrance exam.
- Candidates should be Indian nationals and must be residents of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must have qualified for the SSC exam conducted by the state of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana or any other equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% aggregate.
- Candidates must also have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Polytechnic Admission: JHARKHAND POLYTECHNIC
It is also known as PECE – Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination
PECE is a state-level entrance exam conducted by JCECEB – Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. This entrance exam is conducted once a year through offline mode for providing admissions to various engineering and non-engineering diploma courses offered at various government and private polytechnic institutions in Jharkhand State.
The medium of this entrance exam is English and Hindi and its duration is mainly 150 minutes. The paper has three sections which include subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics and it is conducted for 150 marks. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted. To appear for this entrance exam candidates will need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must be of Indian nationality
- The minimum age of the candidates must be between 17 – 20 years
- The candidates must be residents of the Jharkhand state
- Candidates will need to complete the 10th or any equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 35% aggregate
- The candidates who are appearing or waiting for the 10th class result are also eligible to apply.
Joint Entrance Examination, Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh. This entrance exam is conducted once a year through online mode to provide admissions to various diploma courses in Technology, Engineering, and Pharmacy fields offered at institutes aligned with the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh.
The duration of this exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes and its medium is English and Hindi. To appear for this entrance exam students will need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- The age of the candidates should be more than 14 years.
- The candidates should be an Indian Citizen
- The candidates who are having a domicile certificate from Uttar Pradesh state are eligible to apply
- Candidates must have complete 10th or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 40% aggregate and with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- 5% relaxation is provided to SC category candidates and 7% relaxation is provided to ST category candidates.
Want to Know Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Process
Polytechnic Admission: Direct Admissions
In direct admissions, students do not need to qualify for any entrance exam. They are enrolling on the basis of their previous qualification. In this kind of admission, students can directly take admissions without any procedure.
Mostly, private colleges offer direct admissions as they have the option to reserve certain seats as management quota seats. The management quota seats are filled through direct admissions. Students are mainly admitted on a first come and first, serve basis.
Below named are some of the popular polytechnic colleges in India.
- C. V. Raman Global University, Bhubaneswar
- LPU- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- SLIEt- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sangrur
- NMIT- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- SVCET- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology, Chittoor
- NERIST- North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar
- Integral University, Lucknow
- JSU- J.S. University, Shikohabad
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- CUTM- Centurion University of Technology and Management, Vizianagaram
Hopefully, the above-written article on Polytechnic Admission will help you to collect the needed facts and information.
Tags: Delhi Polytechnic Admission, Polytechnic Admission in Delhi, Best Polytechnic College in Delhi, Top College for Polytechnic in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Admission, Polytechnic Admissions in Delhi NCR, Admission to Polytechnic Courses in UP, Delhi NCR Polytechnic Admission, Polytechnic Admission Process, Polytechnic Admission in Uttar Pradesh, Polytechnic Entrance Exam, Entrance Exam for Polytechnic Course in India, Entrance exam for Polytechnic Courses