IT,IT Diploma,IT Admission,IT College,Admission 2022
Do you have a curiosity to know how computers work? Have you ever thought about how the websites are popping up or going on Google? You might also be thinking that how these websites are designed and how they work? Then, you must consider pursuing a course in Information Technology.
Information technology is everything that businesses use for computers. Information technology is a branch of the computer world. The use of any computers, networking, storage, and other physical devices, infrastructure, and processes to create, store, secure, process, and exchange all forms of electronic data is called Information Technology. In simple, we can say that Information Technology is called any technology through which we get information.
Information Technology Admission 2022
- 1 Information Technology Admission 2022
- 2 What includes Information Technology?
- 3 Information Technology Engineering
- 4 Btech in IT
- 5 State Level Entrance exam
- 6 Btech IT syllabus
- 7 Information Technology Engineering College in India
- 8 Btech IT at IIMT Group of Colleges
- 9 Awards and recognition of IIMT Group of Colleges
- 10 Where to Do Information Technology Engineering?
- 11 Information Technology Engineering
- 12 Eligibility for Btech Information Technology
- 13 Diploma in Information Technology Engineering
- 14 What is Diploma in Information Technology?
- 15 Skills required for Diploma in IT
- 16 Career options after Diploma in Information Technology
- 17 Eligibility for Diploma in Information Technology
- 18 Benefits of Information Technology Engineering
- 19 Career After Information Technology Engineering
- 20 Career in Government Sectors
- 21 Career Overseas after Btech in Information Technology
- 22 Long term Career for Btech in Information Technology
- 23 Information Technology Engineering Scholarships
- 24 Information Technology Engineering Admission 2022
Generally, the term IT is applied to computers and systems. However, the origins of the word technology suggest that it is a “means” to an end”. For example, if we are using a box of matches as a means to create a fire. The end is the fire itself. In the same way, a bicycle is used by people as a means of transportation. The goal of bicycle riding is to reach the destination of the people, and perhaps also to get some needed exercise.
Subsequently, when we talk about the use of technology, we must remember that it is a means, not an end in itself. Technology in the widest sense is the application of computing technologies and modern communications for the creation, management, and use of knowledge.
Information Technology is typically referred to as equipment like computers, storage devices, and communication devices. The use of hardware, services, software, and supporting infrastructure to manage and deliver the information by using voices, data, and video is known as information technology.
What includes Information Technology?
- It includes all computers with a human interface.
- It includes all computer and peripherals devices that will not operate unless connected to a computer or a network.
- It includes all voice, video, and data networks and the equipment and purchased services necessary for operating them.
- It includes all salary and benefits for staff and job descriptions specifically include technology functions, i.e. network services, systems administration, and applications development.
- It includes all technology services provided by vendors or contractors.
- It includes operating costs associated with providing information technology.
- It includes all costs associated with developing, licensing, purchasing, or maintaining software.
Information Technology Engineering
Information Technology Engineering is also known as information engineering or data engineering. It is a software approach to design, maintain and develop information systems. In today’s era Information Technology (IT) has become the most central need for the proper functioning of human society. From running to the banks to home delivery of the food information technology has become an important part of our lives.
Our dependence on information technology has rose a huge demand for professionals in this field and the result is today, information technology engineering has become the most popular course that is opted by the students. Now the scenario is, you can find information technology specialization in every field of education, in every course from IT and Software, Aviation, Engineering, and Medicine to MBA and even Hospitality you will find IT as a specialization to pursue the course.
Btech in IT
Btech in Information Technology is a four-year undergraduate program that deals with information security, maintenance of databases and networks, technical support for computers, and business software creation. Btech in information technology prepares students in the concepts of software development, business software, information security, maintaining databases and networks.
It is a 4-year full-time program that is opted for making a bright future by most of the students. Btech IT directs students towards a bright future in the fields of software engineering and development.
We know that IT or Information Technology courses are in great demand these days since IT is a dominant industry in India. For this field, students need to be good in Maths and Physics to excel in this line of studies and work.
Btech in IT Highlights
|Full name||Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||At least 50% mark in aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects|
|Application mode||Online or Offline|
|Entrance exam||JEE Mains, GATE, GUJCET, JEE Advanced, MHT CET etc.|
|Average fee||INR 300000- INR 500000|
|Profiles after Job||IT Analyst, Software Developer, System Engineer, Programmer|
|Top areas for job||IT sectors, Banks, Hospitals, and Educational Institutes|
|Top recruiting companies||Cognizant, Wipro, IGATE, Mindtree, Accenture, Capgemini|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 – INR 4,50,000|
The Btech IT aspirants need to meet the certain eligibility criteria that are provided below for applying to this course:
- The candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate can apply for the course.
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- The students will need to clear the cut-off of the entrance test.
Take a glance at the Entrance exams
Btech IT (Information Technology) students are mostly accepted on the basis of their results in entrance tests in other words admission at Btech in IT is done on the basis of the engineering entrance exam. The exam forms for the entrance exams are released mostly in the month of December.
We have listed here a few of the top Btech in Information Technology entrance exams of India.
National Level Entrance exam
The JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main was previously conducted once a year but from now onwards, this is being conducted twice a year which is really helpful for the students who want to make a career in the engineering field. This exam is held mostly in the months of January and April every year.
JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Advanced: The JEE advanced exam is held for admission to the top colleges and universities of India. Only those students who clear the JEE Main exam are permitted to attempt the JEE Advanced exam.
State Level Entrance exam
WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam): WBJEE is a state-level entrance exam that is for admission to the numerous top engineering colleges in West Bengal. This exam (WBJEE) is usually conducted in the month of February every year.
UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
UKSEE (Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam)
ASSAM CEE (Assam Combined Entrance Exam)
BIHAR CET (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test)
KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
ODISHA JEE/ OJEE (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)
HP CET (Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test)
CG PET (Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test)
GOA CET (Goa Common Entrance Test)
JCECE (Jharkhand Common Entrance Test)
These are some of the entrance exams that are used for admission to Btech courses. Apart from the mentioned exams, many private institutions conduct their own entrance exams for selecting the students for engineering courses.
Btech IT syllabus
Btech IT is completed in 8 semesters in 4-years. Students study core and main subjects in the first year and in the next year they move to elective subjects according to their interest. Listed below is the syllabus of Btech IT:
Programming in C Lab
Engineering Mechanics in Lab
Engineering Graphics Lab
Applied Physics Lab
Data Structures using C
Elements of Mechanical Engineering
Analog Electronics Lab
Applied Mathematics – III
Object-Oriented Programming using C++
Management Information System
Digital Electronics Lab
Communication Systems Lab
VHDL Programming Lab
Software Engineering Lab
Data Communication and Computer Networks
E-commerce and ERP
System Programming Lab
Advanced Java programming
Programming with ASP.Net
Software Project Management
Operational Research Lab
Digital Image Processing
Software Testing & Quality Assurance
Network Operating System
Information Storage & Management
About the Entrance exam
Listed below is the general overview for Btech Information Technology entrance exams:
- Entrance exams can be conducted both online and offline.
- It has objective-type questions or multiple-choice questions.
- The question of the entrance exam will be based on the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The syllabus and the model of the examination will depend according to the institution’s preference.
- The duration of the exam is approximately 120 to 180 minutes.
Tips for cracking the entrance exams
Below given are the tips that will help you in cracking the entrance exam for your admission to your desired program.
- You will need to make yourself familiar with the exam syllabus and patterns.
- Gather the study material such as notes and books for preparation.
- Choose a few good reference books, because if you will read from different books, it can be confusing for you and also it will consume your time.
- Try to solve the previous year’s question papers that will help you in learning the types of questions in the entrance exam.
- You should attempt the mock tests and analyze your performance to improve the weak points.
- You should check interviews of old students who have cracked Personal Interview rounds, this will help you in your PI round and give you the confidence to crack it.
Information Technology Engineering College in India
Btech is a 4-year full-time program that is choose by most of the students. Well, if you want to be an engineer in the IT field you should go for a Btech IT course for achieving your goals. Btech in IT (Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology) is the most popular and chosen course these days. We all know that the computer world is playing an important role in human lives. Information Technology engineering is a software engineering that is an approach to designing and developing information systems. If you are seeking a college for IT engineering, you can choose IIMT College Group of Colleges as your first choice.
When you decide to pursue a course, the most important and essential decision is to choose the best college for you. A good institute is only can help you in achieving your objectives. As the course is IT in advance and modern in itself, an institute that has modern technic and standards can only help you in gaining the knowledge. IIMT Group of Colleges is located in Greater Noida at a prime location nearby Knowledge Park III.
The institute is well-known for its education standards with a vision to provide quality education for producing competent professionals. IIMT Group of Colleges wants to produce highly qualified people who can use their skills to make human lives easier and more modern. It also aims to produce the best engineers and to provide the best professionals who will be responsible to solve the problems of the world by using their skills and knowledge.
The institute is moving to the growth path in the field of education since its inception. The department of Computer Science is started in the year 2006. IIMT Group of Colleges has now become one of the best institutions. It is a private institute that is awarded much time for its education standards.
Btech IT at IIMT Group of Colleges
Btech IT at IIMT Group of Colleges is a 4-year program that is chosen by many students. This program at IIMT Group of Colleges is affiliated with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow, and also approved by the AICTE. The IT department at the institute focuses on the development of practical and application-oriented brains.
The department of the institute believes in preparing a competitive platform that is very important for a new generation, so just after the second year, the faculty of the institute trained the IT students to develop projects and also motivate them to participate in national and international competition.
Practical knowledge is very important to the students for this, the institute is regularly organizing workshops and industrial visits to the students for giving the real and practical knowledge. That is why IIMT Group of Colleges is the best Information Technology Engineering College in India.
Awards and recognition of IIMT Group of Colleges
IIMT Group of colleges is one of the most popular institutions in the country. It is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), New Delhi, and affiliated with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. It is also accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council), NBA (National Board of Accreditation), PCI (Pharmacy Council of India), and BCI (Bar Council of India).
Quick highlights of IIMT Group of colleges
|College||IIMT Group of College|
|Location||Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Accredited to||NAAC, NBA, PCI, BCI|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Diploma Course|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance|
So, if you are seeking a college for pursuing a Btech IT program, the IIMT Group of colleges can be the best option for you.
Where to Do Information Technology Engineering?
We all know that the selection of the right college for your desired program can be really a stressful task. Choosing the right college in India is probably the most important step to be taken for a candidate. After finalizing a college, you will invest your money, time, efforts, and energy in learning a program so it has to be from the right college. But we understand that a large number of parents and students rely on word of mouth for choosing a college, in other words, they mostly decide by the opinion of others this is not enough. You should always choose a college as per your requirement.
Selecting the right college is really an essential task to do for the students, it is regarded as the first sign of students’ decision-making skills. Your chosen college will become a part of your identity for the rest of your life and you will be known by that college and will be judged based on it, every time you will face a recruiter.
But, we inform you that the college is not only just a platform that increases you towards a great job or towards a great career, but it is also a significant phase of your life where you will receive an overall personality development and it also polishes your dreams based on the information and knowledge earned in that college. Hence, we can say that your college is a doorway that takes you from a student’s life to a great professional life.
Hour after hour classes, on and on practical classes, theory lectures, industrial visits, workshops, seminars, advanced technology knowledge, projects are the keys to designed to hone your skills and expand your knowledge. A college that is providing the right faculty and knowledge, infrastructure, can lead you towards a happy and stable career and a great future that is the dream of every student.
If a college doesn’t have all these facilities, then you might regret selecting the college for all your life. So, it is very important to choose the right college for your desired program. Now maybe you know how important college selection is and how it can change your life?? But the next question for which you are thinking now is, how do go ahead to find the right college for us??
The selection for a college for your desired program is pretty much like selecting a cell phone for limited money with all the required features. Although, it is a multilayered process, in which you have to start with a wide range of colleges and will need to narrow down it to 4-5 colleges in a stepwise method.
For selecting the right college, follow these steps and you will be able to choose a college for your desired program and able to narrow down the colleges to make the final selection.
Does the college provide the specialization you wish to pursue?
Choosing a course for your career is not an easy task. The first step for choosing a college is, you should check the course details in the college that is the college provide the specialization which you wish to pursue? The engineering course is the most famous course in India.
There are various colleges and universities that are offering to engineer but it is important to check the specialization before choosing or finalizing the college. Because when you will spend your important time for finalizing a particular college and after that, you find that the college doesn’t offer your desired specialization for the engineering program this will waste your time and effort so it is important to list down some colleges after choosing a specialization.
Affiliation/ accreditation of the college
After checking the course in which you want to take the admission, this is the first step to should take to check the details of affiliation and accreditation of the college. You should check the degree offered by the college is genuine or not. Because it is essential to have the approval of AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or UGC (University Grant Commission).
Considering and categorizing the colleges
After making that decision on the course, the next step you should be taken is to choose two or three other engineering streams of specializations that you can pursue if you are not eligible for your desired stream or if you cannot get the stream of your choice. It is good to split your choice of colleges into three groups. Your first group should contain the top-notch colleges that are difficult to get into or it is difficult to get admission there.
The second group should consist of the colleges that are above average and that are easy to get into, and also that in which you will be happy for attending without much regret. The last group should be the colleges in which you will surely get admission if the other colleges you have chosen didn’t work out. It can be helpful to you to categorize the colleges in this way. You can also categorize the colleges or universities with other criteria like distance from home, affordability, and look.
Write down your criteria
For choosing the right college you should develop a list of elements that you want to use to evaluate and weed out colleges. This could be included in the considerations listed below:
- Degree offered
- Distance from home
- Government or private
- Location (rural or urban)
- Financial aid or scholarships
- Cost (tuition, room)
- Campus resources and facilities (labs, libraries, computer access)
- Placement and internships
- Class size
- Social life (dance/music/ organizations/sports clubs, college spirit)
- Qualification of the faculties and past performance of the department
Take a campus tour
Whether you are planning admission to a college, make sure you tour the campus once to assess and feel the environment at the college. If you can go to the colleges that you are considering and can target high traffic areas like the library, cafes or gyms. You can also interact with the students and listen to their experiences and opinions. You should talk to the teachers and see if you feel want to learn from them. By visiting the college campus you can check the environment of the college and the other important facilities that can be a stepping stone for making a bright future.
Don’t choose only brands
Colleges that you listed down may have excellent reputations, but remember to don’t fall for star ratings and accreditations. A college may be known for its excellent mechanical department, but the department of Information technology in which you want to pursue your graduation may not be as well developed and equipped. If you were considering this college for information Technology just because it is a well-known college, you may be disappointed later. So, always check it by yourself and don’t choose a college by others’ mouth or other choices.
As all of us belong to different classes of society and culture accordingly, we have a budget in mind while deciding on a college for our desired program. This is most important to examine the fee structure of the college for your desired program is affordable or not. You should also filter your list of preferred colleges on the basis of their fee structure. Because when you will join a college, the expenses won’t end after the payment of the college fee.
You have to pay for the day-to-day expenses of travel, accommodation, food and for the weekend exits, and many more these should also be taken into your thought. So, we suggest you always go for an affordable option like IIMT Group of Colleges which have a reasonable fee structure for the students. But if your financial condition is limiting your choices, you should look up the scholarship programs provided by different colleges.
Opportunities and internships
It is the most common question that students ask. You are going to pursue a course in a college for a good job by which you can make your best career. For this, It is important to know that the college provides employment opportunities to the students or not. Some colleges conduct placement initiatives and provide ample opportunities to their students.
In this type of college, every year a variety of companies visit and give employment opportunities to the students. We advise you always pick a college that has a decent placement rate and also provides internships to the students.
Finalize a college
Based on your analysis and interaction with your seniors, you must finalize a college or university that matches your interests. Always remember, it is not good to select the right college in a hurry. You should give time to choose it. By the above-mentioned point, you can choose the best IT engineering college for your desired program.
The above-mentioned points that we have discussed will help you in choosing a college for your desired program.
Information Technology Engineering College in Greater Noida
We have already discussed the above that choosing a college or a university is not an easy task. When you decide on a college for your preferred program you decide on a new home with a new family. You chose a new home and a new life for yourself for the next few important years of your life!!! This decision really demands complete attention.
So how do you decide? If you depend on the opinions of the other people around you, you will only end up with the confusion of a bunch of ideas. So, for deciding on a college you should research yourself and choose a college that suited you, in which you can achieve your goals.
One of the best colleges for Btech in Information Technology is IIMT Group of Colleges. Noida city is notably known as the learning hub of the state. A wide range of institutions and industries are located in this state and make this region an educational mark of the state. Students from all over the country and also from other countries have a dream to complete their study program from this region with help of the best college.
Well, we understand it is not easy to choose a college or university for your chosen educational program, but for getting the best knowledge you need to decide it by yourself. If you are thinking to make a career in a computer science field and want to complete a graduate program in Information Technology Engineering from the best college, the IIMT group of colleges can be the best option for you.
IIMT Group of Colleges at a glance
- IIMT Group of Colleges is located at a prime location at nearby the knowledge park in Greater Noida in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- IIMT Group of College has a highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty that is responsible for providing the best academic and practical knowledge to the students.
- IIMT Group of Colleges is reputed and well-known for its educational values in the country.
- IIMT Group of Colleges is affiliated with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, and is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
- IIMT Group of Colleges has well-developed and well-equipped laboratories that are very useful to give the practical knowledge of their courses.
- IIMT Group of Colleges has a reasonable fee structure for the best program that students can afford easily.
- IIMT Group of Colleges provides ample opportunities for the students by which they can make their careers.
- IIMT Group of Colleges offers a unique and advanced program in artificial intelligence and data science to develop the students for facing a new challenging world and solving the problems of the people by their skills and knowledge.
- Co-curricular activities play a vital role in the development of the students and for the recreation also, for this, IIMT Group of Colleges focuses on co-curricular activities.
- IIMT Group of Colleges provides a bundle of facilities to its students such as hostel facility, WIFI facility, sports activities, bank facility, and many more.
- IIMT Group of Colleges is well-known for its perfect overall placement records.
- Some of the top and regular recruiting or hiring companies at IIMT are TCS, To the New, Paytm, Wipro, Infosys, Webkul, Tommy Hilfiger, Amazon Web Services, Daffodil.
IIMT Group of Colleges Rankings and awards
In the past few years, IIMT Group of Colleges has been ranked by more than a few ranking bodies. A few of the important rankings of the institute are given below:
- IIMT Group of Colleges ranked 78 for MBA/ PGDM by Times
- The institute ranked 100 for Private Engineering by Times
- IIMT ranked among Top 100 B-Schools (MBA) of India by Business World 2019.
- IIMT ranked among the top 50 B schools by Outlook India 2019.
- IIMT College of Engineering has been ranked 6th among top private colleges in UP by Times of India 2020
- IIMT College of Pharmacy and Polytechnic has ranked as Silver Category Institutions by AICTE CII Survey 2020
- IIMT College of Law, Greater Noida ranked among the Leading Law Institutions of India by CSR GHRDC 2020
- IIMT College of Engineering, Greater Noida ranked among Top 50 Colleges in India in Placements by Times of India 2020
- It ranked among the top 100 institutions of India by CSR GHRDC Group consecutively from 2015 to 2020
- IIMT College of Management, Greater Noida ranked among 75 colleges in India by Times of India
- IIMT ranked among the Top 100 B-Schools (MBA) of India by Times Group consecutively from 2017 to 2020.
- The institute has been awarded Excellence in Training and Placement in the region, by National UP Education Awards.
- The institute was awarded for the “Best Management College in Uttar Pradesh” by Times Media Research.
Information Technology Engineering
Btech in Information Technology at IIMT Group of colleges is a 4-year full-time program. The department of engineering and computer science at the institute is accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) and offers Btech in Information Technology. The institute has state a heart infrastructure and world-class facilities for the students.
The candidates who pass out from the institute are performing extremely well, solving the problems of the world by their creativity and learnings and making the name of the institute luminous. Every year, various companies visit the institute for hiring fresh graduates some of the recruiters are that aggressively hire graduates to include Wipro, Adobe, IBM, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Accenture HCL technologies, Paytm, Microsoft, Amazon, Tommy Hilfiger, and many more.
The average salary offered to the candidates at IIMT is 4.5 LPA and the highest package offered is 16 LPA you can be the next software engineer, testing engineer, application developer, system analysis, etc. At IIMT Group of colleges, it is committed to providing not only technical education to its students but also giving leadership qualities through which the students can create employment for others.
Eligibility for Btech Information Technology
• For admission to IIMT Group of Colleges, candidates should be passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% mark in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
• For SC/ST category students should be passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Mode of admission
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of the Institute and can register/log in themselves by filling in the required details.
- Candidates will need to qualify for the entrance exam conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). This entrance exam is conducted by the AKTU for 85% of the seats at the college.
- The remaining 15% of seats are filled on the basis of the merit list. Candidates can directly apply to the IIMT Group of College for this course as 15% of seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of marks and merit.
Diploma in Information Technology Engineering
Do you have a curiosity to know how computers work? Have you ever thought about how the websites are going on Google? Then, you should choose to pursue a course in Information Technology. A graduation course in IT can take 4-5 years but if you are seeking a short-term course for you after completing that course, you can get a quite good job for making a bright future. For a short-term program in IT, a diploma in Information Technology can be the right option for you.
Diploma in Information Technology engineering is a best-suited program for high school graduates who are interested in exploring the vast arena of IT (Information Technology) and also understand the intricacies of computing technologies, computer programming, and much more. In this blog, we bring you a comprehensive guide for Diploma in IT course, eligibility criteria, and career scope after completing the course.
Diploma courses are mostly opted by those students who want to enter in job field on an early basis. The basic diploma courses are opted by the students just after completing their 10th or 10+2, in other words, you can apply for a diploma course just after completing their 10th from a recognized board.
What is Diploma in Information Technology?
A diploma in IT or Information Technology is commonly offered as a 6 months-3 year course that focuses on exploring IT technologies, their applications, IT engineering, computer systems, and much more. IT sectors and computer science consider similar but actually, they are different fields. In the disciples of computer science students learn how to design software and if there is any problem, students learn how to find a possible solution to resolve the issue.
They are also responsible to design new software to meet some purposes. But the students of Diploma in IT (Information Technology) Course learn to make the use of the software for business purposes. They are responsible to know the applications of the software designed by software engineers. The services and products related to the IT sector are electronics, Internet services, semiconductors, eCommerce, telecom services, etc.
Highlights of Diploma in Information Technology
|Course||Diploma in Information Technology|
|Type of the course||Diploma|
|Admission Procedure||Merit based and entrance exam (direct admission in private colleges and entrance exam for government college)|
|Average fee||INR 20000- INR 200000|
|Basis eligibility||10th Passed, students after completing 12 can also pursue|
|Average salary||INR 2 lakh-6 lakh per annum|
|Top recruiters||TCS, Wipro, Vodafone, TATA, Tech Mahindra, Infotech, Cisco Systems, Infosys ASUS, National Instruments, etc.|
|Job Profiles||IT program, IT programmer, IT specialist, technical consultant, ICT system administrator, web developer, computer network professional and many more|
Subjects for Diploma in Information Technology
- English andcommunication skills
- Applied physics
- Engineering Drawing I
- Basics of information technology
- Applied mathematics
- Digital electronics
- Computer programming using C
- System analysis and design
- Multimedia and applications
- Applied chemistry
- Computer Workshops
- Ecology and environmental awareness
Skills required for Diploma in IT
We all know very well that skills are more important than theoretical knowledge for a technical course. It is mandatory to develop important skills for completing an IT course. These skills will generally teach in your colleges but you can also develop these skills on your own.
Given below are some of the common skills that everyone should have who is a diploma holder of IT (Information Technology).
Creativity: creativity is required in the field of IT because you always have to try to create something new in this field. You must have a decent understanding of the product.
Flexibility: Flexibility is a thing in which you adjust yourself as per the situation or we can say adjusting yourself according to the new situation or environment is called flexibility. An IT professional should make suitable changes in the system or strategy according to the market requirements.
Co-operation: Cooperation is also an essential skill which helps you to work with others as a team. In the IT field, a single person is not able to perform every task. So, you should be comfortable working in a team and working with other people as a team.
Analytical Reasoning: Analytical reasoning helps the candidates to solve any problem. Whether it is related to your field or not but it is essential. Analytical reasoning means analyzing the previous records of the event and finding the best and possible solution for that problem.
Project Management: Finishing a project on time is a central role and essential in every field. If you are pursuing a course in information technology, you should have the quality to finish the task before the deadline. The reason for the importance of project management is, if you don’t finish a project on time, it will affect your reputation which may cause a problem in getting more projects. So it is important to complete the task or project on time.
Career options after Diploma in Information Technology
It engineers can find the below-mentioned job profiles after completing their courses. The candidates who complete diploma courses in this field will be recruited at the junior level positions in the organizations.
With experience and by the promotions, they can reach higher levels of positions in the organization. Whereas, the person who joins after completion of graduation in IT and post-graduation course, can join any organization at a mid-level in the hierarchy. Some of the job profiles after completing the Diploma in Information Technology are given here…..
- Network Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Information Technology Manager
- Data Security Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Computer Technician
- Information Systems Manager
- System Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Process Manager
- Information Technology Recruiter
- IT System Manager
- Web Designer/ developer
- Data Security Expert
Eligibility for Diploma in Information Technology
The eligibility criteria for admission to Diploma in Information Technology courses may vary from college to college. The basic eligibility for the program is given below…
- Candidates who wish to apply to Diploma in Information Technology need to have completed 10th with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as the main subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates should note that the minimum percentage to admission in Diploma in Information Technology may vary from College to college.
- Admissions are done on the basis of merit and entrance exams. Students who qualify for the entrance exams will be called for the next selection rounds. Some colleges or universities selected the students on the basis of merit. Mostly the government colleges select the students on the basis of entrance exams.
How to apply
- First, you will need to visit the official website of the college in which you want to take admission.
- You will need to apply online or fill in the application form and submit the application form by uploading the required documents.
- score good marks on the entrance examination. (if any)
- The college authority will examine your application and will share a list of the selected candidates for further process.
- Selected candidates will be called for interview rounds on a given date.
- You can also apply to a college by visiting the campus directly.
Benefits of Information Technology Engineering
We all know that we all are in the 21st century and today is everything’s about technology. If you really enjoy technology and specifically if you love to keep you with the latest advances in the field of information technology, you should turn your hobby into a career option. You will be glad to know that in today’s society, information is paramount and it influences all kinds of human activity.
When you have already chosen a course to pursue in this field, you will definitely be eager to know the benefits of Information Technology Engineering. Some of the benefits of Information Technology Engineering Courses are given below.
A variety of opportunities
Information Technology is incredibly diverse in itself and it’s not just about fixing computers or laptops. This IT course will allow you to make a career in a number of different directions. In this field, you can make a career as a technical writer, information technology director, web developer, chief technology officer and so much more. The graduates in the IT field will also be prepared to specialize in far wider areas of interest. Therefore, in this field, you will find a variety of opportunities that will be useful for making a career and a bright future.
Good earning is a dream of many students even all of us. Before moving forward to any course students want to go in that field in which they can earn good and can achieve their goals. As information technology courses are highly valued and prized in modern businesses in this profession you can get a high paid salary.
You can modernize your skills
By pursuing a course in this field you can modernize your skills. Staying relevant in a constantly changing workforce is no easy task, and IT courses are currently among the most reliably expanding areas of demand for the employees. This course will update the current skill set or will add extra accomplishments to an existing list.
Increase your knowledge
Every candidate wants to increase their knowledge, In the IT field, you will have to face new challenges that will help you in increasing your knowledge. A stable career is important to everyone but the challenges make you more knowledgeable and experienced in your field. So, the Information Technology field will increase your knowledge and move forward to you a bright future.
Make more connections
This is one of the biggest benefits of completing information technology courses that focus on your practical skills and serviceability, is that students meet compatible classmates and make new connections. Connections are most important for a candidate. If you have a better connection with the people this will help you in finding more work and for achieving your goals.
We all know that networking is a crucial part of finding employment in the professional sphere, and also interacting with others in a learning space will help you in making more connection and for achieving your goals.
You can see what you have studied
The biggest and most important part of studying information technology is practical. Pursuing an information technology course, you won’t just learn the theoretical part but also you will get the opportunity to new make things.
This will help you in changing or adjusting things and also you can implement what you’ve learned. Knowledge is very important to any career field. It’s sometimes better to realize what you’re learning by actually doing it. In this way, you’ll remember all the things quicker and longer and become successful in your field.
Today, every organization in the world needs IT, staff members, for something or many things, whether it’s engineering new products, helping to manage the devices, or just improving security, and applications within the organization. Accordingly, the demand for IT professionals is high and unceasingly growing. If you have the right skill set and want to make a career in this field you can choose to pursue the course.
If you want to be successful in the IT field, you need to be adaptable, flexible, and willing to learn new things. It helps to have a fondness for new technology, and you need to be ambitious to solve problems creatively and with a critical mind. If you like the idea of a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment, and you love to utilize the technology to help an organization thrive, there is no shortage of ways to make a positive impression in the IT field.
Career After Information Technology Engineering
After completing Information Technology Engineering you will find ample opportunities that will help you in making the best career and for a bright future. If you are pursuing a graduation course in Information Technology, you are definitely thinking about a career after information technology engineering. In this article, we will discuss career options after completing Btech in Information technology.
If you are wondering to know the best career options after a Btech IT program. We are here to tell you the career options form that you can choose a program as per your interest and can take the steps for making a bright future. Some of the career options after completing the Btech IT program are given below.
A career in private sectors after Btech in Information Technology
Various IT companies are rising up every day due to the incredible growth in the IT field. These companies require trained IT professionals in their technical and management sections. So, graduates in Btech Information technology can find a wide range of career opportunities in these (private) companies. Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), HCL Infotech, Accenture, and IBM are some of the companies which recruit these graduates in high numbers.
Each company will have its own staffing process for selecting eligible candidates for their companies. To get a high-paid job in the best company, candidates should perform well in each stage of the recruitment process. Some of the job profiles available for these graduates in the Information Technology field are given below:
Electronics and Communication Engineer
Computer Science Engineer
Career in Government Sectors
Candidates who are interested in the public sector and have a desire to be a professional for the government after completing Btech in Information Technology can attempt and qualify various governmental exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
After qualifying for the exams, they can work in any state or central government department. You will find several governmental organizations in India that promote technical research and development in which you can work and can get high pay. These organizations also recruit graduates in Btech Information Technology for various technical positions. Some of these organizations are cited below.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Centre for Development of Imaging Technology (C-DIT)
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
If you are a graduate of the IT field, you are also eligible to apply for the guest lecturer post which is available in various government colleges.
Career Overseas after Btech in Information Technology
Graduates in Btech Information Technology can also pursue an excellent career in foreign countries. Salary packages given for these graduates employed in foreign countries are higher than provided in India. Most of the students have a dream to work in other countries, you will glad to know that by pursuing a Btech in IT field you can find a good job in other countries that will help you in achieving your goals and for getting high pay that will convert your dreams into reality.
Some of the foreign companies which employ Btech graduates in Information Technology are Acer, Sony, Siemens, Sanyo, LG, Compac, Intel, Philips, Hitachi, Vibras, and Dell. You also have the opportunities to pursue your career in various foreign research institutes.
Long term Career for Btech in Information Technology
Those candidates who join the IT industry can find a long-term career thereafter. Candidates who join as a trainee in any Information Technology company can also apply for a higher post in any other company after getting sufficient experience in the related field. For this, first, you should earn the experience by average job and then should try for a high profile job. In which you can make a long-term career. The demand for IT graduates will increase according to their experience so it is important to earn experience in your field.
IT program opens many doors to the students that they can pursue and can make a bright future. Btech IT has a lot of opportunities and scope in India and in other countries due to its connections with technology. The jobs after Btech IT (Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology) would always be immense and diverse that would be able to serve your appetite. We hope by the above-provided information you will feel free to choose a career after Btech IT.
Information Technology Engineering Scholarships
A scholarship is something that a lot of students look into when they go to university or college for their study program. Scholarships are the financial aids that are provided to the candidates during their study programs. All universities or colleges offer financial support to their students this financial support is called scholarships.
Scholarships are the financial aid or support that is awarded to the students on the basis of academic achievement. Scholarships are provided to the students in many ways, sometimes a scholarship is provided one-time, and sometimes it is provided to the students in each semester. There is various type of scholarships provided to the students the most two common are need-based and the second is merit-based. The donor or the department who is responsible to provide the scholarships to the students sets the criteria for selection.
Scholarships are usually come from independent third parties, while the universities do offer them too for the students, this means the universities and the third parties that provide the scholarships are free to draw up their own criteria for the scholarships.
If you want to do a Bachelor of Technology (Btech) in the IT field, then you can also take advantage of scholarships available to these students. In this article, we are going to give you information about top-8 such scholarships, which will help you a lot in doing Btech in the IT field.
NTPC Scholarship Scheme
Indian Oil Corporation Scholarships
IET India Scholarship
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarships
Rattan Tata Scholarship
Merit-Cum-Means Based Scholarships
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
Siemens Scholarship Program
Btech IT Scholarship Eligibility
- For applying to the Btech Scholarships or Scholarship in India, you must have completed 12th or diploma or equivalent in any discipline.
- All these candidates who have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as a subject in class 12.
- You must secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate for applying.
- Candidates must be between 17 years to 25 years of age on the date of commencing of classes.
Ways to get the scholarships
Applicants who wish to apply for a scholarship in India for Btech can get the scholarship in these ways:
- By your college
- Through your state government
- By Welfare Departments
Instruction to apply for scholarships program
- First, you should check the eligibility criteria of the scholarship program
- You should visit the official website of the department
- After visiting the website, you should read the complete instruction and notifications properly
- Then should download the Scholarship Application Form and will need to fill the application form before the last date of closing. Or you can fill it out online.
- If you want to get your scholarship through your college for this, you will need to do perform well in academic activities.
Scholarships at IIMT Group of Colleges for Btech IT students
IIMT Group of Colleges is one of the best institutes that distributes around INR 3 crores for scholarships every year to its academic achievement holders and to those students who are the toppers of their particular courses and departments.
Criteria and prizes for Btech course at IIMT Group of Colleges (Yearly)
- Topper of the University: Rs. 150,000
- Second Position holder in the University Merit List: Rs. 100,000
- 3rd to 5th Position holder in the University: Rs. 75,000
- 6th to 10th Position holders in the University Merit List: Rs. 50,000
- Students who secured marks 95% or above: Rs. 20000
- Students who secured marks 90%-94.99%: Rs. 15000
- Students who secured marks 85%-89.99%: Rs. 10000
- Students who secured marks 80%-84.99%: Rs. 5000
- Course/Branch Topper (Each Branch): Foreign Trip
Information Technology Engineering Admission 2022
Btech admissions in India are done on the basis of state-level entrance exams, and national-level entrance exams. In this article, we will discuss the process for admission to the Btech program.
Among the popular engineering courses, Btech in IT program has its own status. Most of the students have a dream to pursue this course and it is one of the courses where the demand for admission is very high.
The course has now become a dream course for the students because most IT and software companies prefer IT graduates for various positions. The entrance exam for Btech IT admissions in India is based on the national levels as well as state levels. Separately from the entrance exam-based admission, there is a provision for direct admission also for the Btech program. In this article, candidates who are aspiring for admission in the Btech course can check the details about the admissions such as eligibility criteria, entrance exam requirement, application form, direct admission rules, etc.
Information Technology Engineering Admission 2022
For direct admission to Btech program, you will find a less amount of colleges or universities. Moreover, only a few colleges grant direct admission to Btech IT courses. For merit-based admission, candidates are selected on the basis of their marks or score in their 10+2. These types of admission are mainly done through management quota, a few percentages of all the vacant seats are reserved for the management quota.
Entrance based admission
Btech admission is done on the basis of state-level entrance exams and national-level entrance exams. By the entrance-based admission candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their scores in entrance exams. The final selection of the candidates is done after the counseling, personal interview rounds, and GD round. The fee structure of general seats is mainly lesser than management quota admission. If you are seeking admission to Btech program to the general seats you should check out the entrance exams for admission to a particular college.
Stepwise guidance for Information Technology Engineering Admission 2022
For entrance based admission
- First you are required to apply for the respective entrance examination for your desired college after meeting the eligibility requirements.
- When you’ll qualify for the entrance exam, you should take part in the other rounds process through which you will be shortlisted according to your ranks in the particular entrance exam.
- Move to the next step, you may be called for the Group discussion or personal interview rounds and followed by a document verification process.
For merit-based admission
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their marks in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Similarly, you will need to visit the official website of the college and will need to fill in the application form by clicking on the admission 2022 tab.
- After the selection you may face the Personal Interview or Group Discussion round followed by the documents verification process.
- After document verification, you will need to pay the required fees to confirm your admission to that college.
Why Choose IIMT Group of Colleges for Information Technology Engineering Course
As we discussed earlier, selecting a college or university for your desired program is not an easy task. In this article, we have discussed the Information Technology Engineering course. If you are seeking a college for your study program that has excellent education standards and supportive faculties, IIMT Group of Colleges can be the best option for you.
This prestigious institute is located in a prime location in Greater Noida in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and research programs. The institute offers a unique and result-oriented program to the students. There are 14 institutes under the IIMT Group of colleges.
• Institutes under IIMT Group of Colleges
• IIMT College of Science & Technology, Greater Noida
• IIMT Starz, Meerut
• IIMT Academy, Meerut
• Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Management College, Meerut
• IIMT Boarding School, Meerut
• IIMT Life Line Hospital, Meerut
• Institute of Teacher’s Education, Meerut
• IIMT University, Meerut
• IIMT Engineering College, Meerut
The institute is famously known for its best world-class education and education values. The institute is famous for producing the best leaders in different fields. As this is a private institution and it aims to give the best knowledge to all the students of all categories, for this, the institute offers a reasonable fee structure to the students and besides this, it also provides financial Aids to its students. That is why the institute is among the top colleges of the state, students from all over the world believe this institute for attaining the best knowledge.
Well, making the right career decision for your future is not a calm task. We hope positively, the above-given information regarding the Information Technology Engineering Program will help you to choose your career option and also for choosing the best college for achieving your career goals and for making the best future.
Note: Above Content is written by Admission Discover and sponsored content for IIMT Group of Colleges. If you also want such kind of content please feel free to contact us onState Level Entrance exam, Diploma in Information Technology Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Btech in IT, Long term Career for Btech in Information Technology, Where to Do Information Technology Engineering, Career Overseas after Btech in Information Technology, Information Technology Admission 2022, Information Technology, Information Technology Engineering College in India, Information Technology Engineering Scholarships, Benefits of Information Technology Engineering, Career After Information Technology Engineering