B.Tech Admission 2023
B.Tech Admission 2023: B.Tech- Bachelor of Technology
B.Tech is one of the popular courses offered in the engineering discipline that involves applying science, mathematics, and technology. It is an under graduation course with a duration of mainly four years. This course is often considered a gateway to the field of engineering. The B.Tech course provides knowledge regarding the work involved in designing and constructing machines and engines and structures like bridges, roads, etc.
This engineering course has been a part of human history in some or the other way for several years as it is dedicated to providing solutions to problems. Engineering plays an essential role in our day-to-day life. The B.Tech course is opted for by numerous engineering aspirants after completing class 12th. This course can provide ample career opportunities across all industries. After completing the B.Tech course, students become an engineer which is one of the most reputed professions in the world.
The B.Tech course is based on theoretical as well as practical knowledge. The course of B.Tech is offered at various universities/colleges in India as well as abroad. This course is designed for developing the technical skills of students who are willing to invest themselves in the industry of technology and development.
B.Tech is considered one of the most popular courses in India as engineers are developing practically in every industry. The demands for engineering or B. Tech students are rapidly growing. The B.Tech course also provides options for various engineering specializations which provide the students with a wider scope and greater variety of professions. Some of the B.Tech specializations are named below:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Marine Engineering
There are ample universities and institutes in India which offer the course of B.Tech. The admissions to the B.Tech course are mainly done on merit, entrance, or direct basis. By pursuing a B.Tech degree from a top-notch college/university in the county students can easily achieve a grooming career. Below written is the B.Tech admission process in India.
B.Tech Admission 2023: Merit-Based Admission
Merit-Based admissions are done on the basis of scores obtained in previous examinations. For the B.Tech course, students are enrolled on the basis of scores obtained in the 10th and 12th examinations. Students will need to obtain a minimum of 45% marks in their qualifying exams such as 10th and 12th and with subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
5% relaxation is also provided to the reserved category candidates. In some universities, the students are finally enrolled on the basis of their performance in personal interviews or group discussions.
B.Tech Admission 2023: Entrance based Admission
In entrance-based admissions, students will need to qualify for certain entrance exams and their scores obtained will be considered for admissions. There are ample entrance exams in India that are conducted for B.Tech admissions. The entrance exams can be university level, state level, or national level. By qualifying for the B.Tech entrance exam, students can get enrolled in the top-notch B.Tech College in the nation. Below given are some of the popular B.Tech entrance exams.
- JEE ADVANCED
- JEE MAIN
JEE ADVANCED- Joint Entrance Exam Advanced
It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. This entrance exam is conducted once a year for students who have already qualified for the JEE Main entrance exam. By qualifying for this entrance exam students can get enroll in the courses like BTech, BArch, BS, etc offered the top-notch institutes of the nation such as IT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, etc.
JEE ADVANCED is a computer-based entrance test and it is accepted by all IITs and other institutes also. Before filling out the application form for this entrance exam, students are advised to check the eligibility criteria which mainly consist of age limit and academic qualification.
Below written is the eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for appearing in the JEE Advance entrance exam.
- Students belonging to OBC and the general category must have been born on or after 1 October 1998.
- The students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category are provided with an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Students should have pursued 12 from a recognized board with a minimum of 75% aggregate and with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- A relaxation of 10% is provided to the reserved category candidates.
- The JEE Advance entrance exam can be given by the students two times in two consecutive years.
B.Tech Admission 2023: JEE MAIN
JEE MAIN- Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
It is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admissions in courses like B.E/B.Tech/B. Planning/B.Arch. This entrance exam is conducted by authorities for 2 papers. Paper 1 is conducted for the BE and B.Tech admissions and paper 2 is done for the B.Arch and B.Planning courses. JEE Main is a computer-based entrance exam conducted in English, Hindi, Urdu, and 11 other regional languages.
It is conducted twice a year by the national testing agency. This entrance exam is accepted by several well-known institutes in the nation such as NITs, IITs, GFTIs, etc. To appear for this entrance exam, students will need to qualify certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- There is no age barrier for JEE Main entrance exam, however, according to the admission requirements at NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs students who must be born on or after 1 October, 1993 are considered eligible to appear for the JEE Main entrance exam 2023.
- Age relaxation of 5 years is provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Students will need to complete 10th and 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 75% aggregate.
Click here to know about the Top 10 B.Tech Colleges in Gujarat
B.Tech Admission 2023: BITSAT
BITSAT- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
It is a national-level entrance test conducted by BITS, Pilani through online mode. This entrance exam is conducted for admission to the courses offered in the streams like English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology. The duration of this entrance exam is mainly three hours and it consists of 4 sections which include English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology.
After qualifying for this entrance exam, students can get enrolled in the B.Tech course offered at BITS University. To appear for this entrance test, students will need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Students will need to pursue 10th and 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 75% aggregate and with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Students should also have adequate proficiency in English.
It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. This entrance exam is conducted through offline mode once a year for admission to the various graduation courses in streams like Engineering and Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy offered at the institutes in West Bengal.
There are 2 papers in this exam (paper 1 for mathematics and paper 2 for physics and chemistry) and the duration of this is 4 hours out of which 2 hours are allotted to each paper. The syllabus of this entrance exam is designed on the basis of classes’ 11th and 12th syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Below written are the eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for appearing in the WBJEE entrance exam.
- Candidates must have pursued 10th and 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates should also have obtained a minimum of 45% in the 10th and 12th examinations.
Do Check All About WBJEE 2023
VITEEE- VIT Engineering Entrance Exam
It is a university-level entrance exam conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology. This entrance exam is conducted once a year through online mode for admission to the B.Tech course offered at VIT University. This entrance exam includes subjects like mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, aptitude, and English. The duration of this entrance exam is mainly 2 hours and 30 minutes.
No negative marking is done in the VITEEE entrance exam and 1 mark is allotted to each correct answer. To appear for this entrance exam, students will need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed 10th and 12th from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE).
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate in 12th with subjects like physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- A relaxation of more than 5% is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category and hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/Ladakh and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Nagaland, and Tripura
- The candidates appearing for this entrance exam have to be resident/Non-Resident Indian nationals.
Do check to know All About ME Diploma, ME admission, ME College
AMUEEE- Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination
It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University. This entrance exam is conducted once a year for shortlisting candidates for admission to the B.Tech/B.E. and B.Arch courses offered at Aligarh Muslim University. The entrance exam is conducted in offline mode and its duration is mainly 3 hours.
The paper consists of mainly three sections physics, chemistry, and mathematics. There will be a total of 150 questions. No negative marking is done in this exam and 1 mark is awarded to each correct answer. For appearing in this entrance exam, students will need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed 10th and 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate and with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Candidates who have pursued a diploma in engineering from AMU with a minimum of 50% aggregate are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
B.Tech Admission 2023: Direct Admissions
In direct admissions, students are provided admissions on the basis of their scores obtained in the qualifying exams. Some university also reserves certain seats to offer direct admissions. These reserved seats are generally known as management quota seats. The universities which offer direct admissions mainly charge a higher fee as compared to the universities offering merit and entrance-based admissions.
Hopefully, the above-written article on B.Tech Admission will help you to collect the needed facts and information.
Tags: Bachelor of Technology Admission 2023, Engineering in Computer Science 2023, B.tech Admission 2023, Admission Open 2023 for B.tech Course, Engineering Courses Direct Admission 2023, Engineering Admission for 2023, B.Tech Direct Admission Procedure, B.Tech 2023, Best Private College for B.tech, Admission to B.Tech, Best Private College for Bachelor of Technology, Admission to Bachelor of Engineering, B.tech in CS Admission, Engineering Admission in Delhi NCR, Bachelor of Technology in IT, Best College for B.Tech direct admission, Direct Engineering Admission, B.Tech IT Admission 2023, Best Private Colleges for Engineering Courses, Admission to Engineering Courses, B.tech AI Admission 2023